BLUEDOG was founded on the idea that Merchant Service Providers can do better.
At BLUEDOG, we’re mindful of our customer’s bottom line, which is why we emphasize a customer-first approach to everything we do. From providing unbeatable pricing on merchant services to dedicated customer support and a wide array of flexible payment solutions, BLUEDOG is fixing the merchant services industry one best friend at a time.
The Story of BLUEDOG
What does BLUEDOG mean? Well, the name comes from a child’s?stuffed toy,?but there’s a little?more to the story than that. Blue dog belongs to the son of Ron Dichter, BLUEDOG’s CEO. Ron’s son?brought?blue dog?with him everywhere, the two were?inseparable. Blue dog was?his son’s best friend.?
Then, one day, he lost his blue dog.?Ron and his wife spent hours searching for blue dog. They looked in?every room of the house, the car, the other car, the garbage,?they?couldn’t find it anywhere. Just as they were about to give up, they decided to look in one more?place and there blue dog was,?sitting outside on the swing. Ron quickly returned the toy to his son and saw his face light up like never before. It was at that moment he understood what blue dog really meant to his son.?
At?that moment Ron realized that,?to be the best it wasn’t enough to?just be a trusted?advisor or a?knowledgeable?resource. He understood that to really stand out, customers should feel that?same sense of joy when?working with us. We need to be your company’s BLUEDOG –?your company’s best friend.
22 years of experience in payments meets an all-around great team of collaborators focused on providing exceptional, customer-first products & services.
Ron Eliot Dichter
“No matter what… always take the high road.”
— Fredric Dichter
“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver 5 minutes longer.”
— Ronald Reagan
“If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward”
— Martin Luther King Jr.
- Do you hang your toilet paper so it folds under or over?
- No preference as long as there is some when needed.
- Where did you grow up?
- Salem, Oregon.
- If you had to change your name, what would your new name be and why would you choose that name?
- If I had to change my name I would change it to Ron Elliot Dichter. That way I could have the rad nickname of R.E.D.
“Don’t downgrade your dream to fit your reality! Upgrade your convictions to match your destiny.”
— Stuart Scott
- What was the best concert you have ever attended?
- Stereolab at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta, Georgia on December 11, 1999. I actually yelled out “I make love to your music!” and Laetitia smiled and said “sank u” in a perfect French voice. Afterwards, my best friend leapt on stage and snatched the set list from behind the drums. We waited over an hour and met the band. They all signed the set list and my ticket. Laetitia and Tim gave me a big hug.
- What is the first thing on your recently watched list on Netflix?
- Happy as Lazzaro
- Do you have any secret talents? If so, what?
- I can make fart noises with my hands AND my neck.
“Nah, he was sniffing glue in the parking lot.”
— Roy Munson (Kingpin)
- What’s your favorite cereal? Why?
- Coco pufffffffffffsssssss Best of both worlds choc milk and cereal at the same time
- What were you doing before this job?
- I was a chef.
- What was your all-time, best-ever Halloween costume?
- Super Mario
“Life is like a box of chocolate. Never know what you going to get.”
— Forest Gump
- What is the most interesting thing you have in your purse?
- Fork and spoon.
- Do you have any phobias?
- Being in a small space for a long time without any food, water or a bathroom.
- You have to sing karaoke for a packed room. What song do you choose?
- “Lean on me” by Bill Withers
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.”
— Yogi Berra, NY Yankees Catcher
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
— Lao Tzu
“Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.”
— Albert Einstein
“Life gives you lemons……make lemonade!”
— Julius Rosenwald
“Better is possible. It does not take genius. It takes diligence. It takes moral clarity. It takes ingenuity. And above all, it takes a willingness to try.”
— Atul Gawande
“Some say fate is beyond our command, but I know better. Our destiny is within us. You just have to be brave enough to see it.”
— Merida, Brave
One of my favorites was Jamie Lee Curtis. She is a super sweet woman and at the time she was in love with my daughter and was trying to trade me movie props from the original movie Halloween for her as a joke. Meeting her ended up in the credits of the 35th anniversary?edition of Halloween. One of the fun items I will give my daughter when she is older & gets all her life?keepsakes I’ve saved for her. Hopefully?they still have Blu-Ray players at that time. Lol???The other favorite?would have to be Page Joseph Falkinburg, which most people know as “DDP” or “Diamond Dallas Page” from the WWF… my dad watched wrestling my entire life, so I grew up watching him.. which brings me to why he was my other favorite… he had a huge line of people (50+ at least) to meet him and he took my cell phone & called my father for 45 minutes and just talked to him about whatever my dad wanted to talk about. To my dad, that meant the world.. to me it showed me that he was human and being who he is to his fans is really just his job. He really cares about his fans and it was heartwarming. He was also with the actor Danny Trejo.. so that was fun too..?
1. As sad as I am to say this, my phone would be first. Reason being… it has my photos & music, in addition to my contact to the world & the ability to pay for things (clothing, food, bills, etc.). No need for a charger, I’ll borrow one…
2. My journal w/pen attached…
3. A tent – shelter
4. A bike – transportation
5. My preserved Bat named Bob… Because it’s a preserved bat.. and it’s creepy & awesome.
“Whether you realize it or not, you’re someone’s reason to be better.”
“Remember, the saddest thing in life is wasted talent. You could have all the talent in the world, but if you don’t do the right thing then nothing happens.”
— Lorenzo (Robert De Niro) A Bronx Tale
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
— Count of Monte Cristo
“Pain is weakness leaving the body.”
— Every Ranger Instructor I ever had.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit.”
“I’ve been thinking about it, and that poem, that guy that wrote it, he meant you’re gold when you’re a kid, like green. When you’re a kid everything’s new, dawn. It’s just when you get used to everything that it’s day. Like the way you dig sunsets, Pony. That’s gold. Keep that way, it’s a good way to be.”
— Johnny’s note, The Outsiders
“To me, that’s the key thing, the pursuit of happiness. That’s the basic, ultimate freedom.”
— Jerry Garcia
“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”
— Mark Twain
“When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead.”
— Ernest Hemingway
“Playoffs? Don’t talk about – PLAYOFFS? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!”
— Jim Mora, Former coach of the Indianapolis Colts?
“The Breakfast of Champions isn’t cereal… it’s the competition!”
— David Lee Roth
“In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”?
— Albert Einstein
“If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first four hours sharpening my axe.”
— Abraham Lincoln
“There is nothing impossible to him who will try.”
— Alexander the Great
- If you were home on a rainy Sunday afternoon, what movie would you most want to see on television?
- If I was home on a rainy day I would watch Jurassic Park or some sort of shark movie because my sons love those type of movies and I don’t mind them either. If I was home alone, I would probably watch Dirty Dancing because I have always loved that movie since I was a child.
- What are the last three emojis you used?
- If you could disinvent one thing, what would it be and why?
- If I could disinvent one thing it would probably be social media to a certain extent because that is all this world is based on nowadays. It has people not knowing how to communicate, their minds all into their phones rather than their friends and loved ones, & it has some people always looking at celebrities and wishing they could look a certain way. Social media has a lot pros as well but those are some of the cons I feel social media brings with this day in age.
“Your past doesn’t define you. Each struggle is a stepping block to your true potential.”
— Facebook Quote
- If you could choose any animal to be your permanent sidekick, what animal would it be and why?
- A capybara. They have the unofficial title as the friendliest animal in the world – you can see them cuddling with hawks, cats, even crocodiles! They’re very open-minded and enjoy the most natural luxuries in life, including seeping into a hot spring. My sidekick capybara and I would trudge into a hot spring, ignore the woes of the daily toil, and contemplate life while staring at Mt. Fuji.
- What are three of your favorite snacks?
- I enjoy floral desserts, like lavender cookies or chamomile ice cream. Though nothing quite touches my heart like steamed dumplings.
- What is something you learned in the last week?
- I have this beta fish named Ambrosia. I learned more about the nitrogen cycle taking care of him than I did in college biology. Who knew fish could poop could be so complex?
“Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly.”
— Micah 6:8
- What’s the best type of cheese?
- Burrata and brie.
- What is something you refuse to share?
- I refuse to share my secrets of the Universe.
- If you could go back in time to any era, which would it be? Why?
- I would like to go back to 400 BCE, during the Golden Age and speak with Athenian Philosopher, Plato and his most famous student, Aristotle. A time when I could join in on the Peloponnesian War and witness the time of Sparta’s final defeat of Athens..
“Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world;
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream,
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.”
— Diamond Sutra, ca. fourth century CE
- If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
- My ribs. I can dry rub and smoke some of the best ribs in the world.
- If you had to work, but didn’t need the money, what would you choose to do? Why?
- Storm chaser. Sounds like a lot of fun and I would have the money to pay for any injuries.
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
- I’m not much of a crier.
“Face front, true believers!”
— Stan Lee
- What’s the last show you binge watched?
- The Mandalorian!
- If you could relive one year of your life, which year would you pick and why?
- 2015 easily. It was the first year I moved down to FL and lived in Orlando- one of the best years of my life!
- What’s your favorite midnight snack?
- Cookies and cream ice cream!
“You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.”
— Michael Jordan
- Where do you mind not waiting?
- An airport, because I know I will be going to see family or going on an adventure.
- If you had access to a time machine, where would you go? Why?
- Queen Elizabeth’s coronation. I love all the pomp and circumstance of the Royals.
- What’s the first thing you would buy if you won a million dollars?
- Fly to Ireland and bring my whole family for a reunion.
“Big money moves slow!”
— Joshua Bryant
- If you could create a holiday, what would it be called and how would it be celebrated?
- If I could create a holiday, I would make it National Pay-It-Forward Day. it would be a paid holiday, of course. It also needs to be on a Monday so that we may get rid of one Monday in the month, for something uplifting. On this holiday, all are expected to participate by doing something nice for at least 1 or as many people as one would like. By doing so, this should create a chain of giving, positivity and kindness. It will create an overall feel-good mood, people realizing that there IS still good in this crazy world and spreading it can bring good vibes. Hopefully people feeling good about how it feels to make another feel good, and how it feels when kindness is shown to you, would cause more to want to repeat it & spread it, more than just on that holiday.
- How do you like your coffee?
- I’m going to have to go extra light and extra sweet with french vanilla -on ice so it doesn’t taste like coffee.
- What was your favorite show growing up?
- My favorite show as a little girl, would have to be The Magic Garden with Paula & Carole. I LOVED them. They would sing, play dress up & do skits that taught little life lessons. They read jokes off of leaves from the “Chuckle Patch” and hung out with Sherlock, a big squirrel, that lived in a tree that gave gifts. What an amazing place. I want to go right now- you wanna!????
“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.”
— Theodore Roosevelt
- What is your favorite day of the week and why?
- Well this is awkward because if I say any day on the weekend it will seem like I don’t want to be at work. Let’s face it, everyone loves to work so I will say every day! Each day brings something new if you allow it to. However, if I had to pick only one favorite it would have to be Friday because it leads into the weekend which means a lot of time to surround yourself with family and friends.
- What would be the best thing about not having a sense of smell?
- Getting it back…
- What would you do on mars for fun?
- Funny you should ask because for the longest time I thought boys only went there to get more candy bars. Turns out there isn’t even a candy store there! I will need to borrow a lot of specific items from NASA prior to my trip and roughly $6 billion or so from the space program funds. I’m sure they won’t miss it? I will also hopefully have accumulated close to the more than 30 months of vacation time I will need prior to our departure – thanks in advance Andrew and Ron. Not sure exactly how long I will have to have worked here to get that much off time built up? I will have a little time to think through all I want to do while we are there because it’s a short 9-month flight there. Sleep aids will need to be prescribed and picked up prior to us leaving as well. My kids will have to come along for this vacation of a lifetime. Chances are we might look into doing some space surfing, definitely some beach time where we will build a few sweet salt castles, explore the vast highs and lows of the Red Planet in our spacesuits with whatever space vehicle they have for us at the local enterprise. We will also spend a lot of time taking in the stunning clear view of the stars and searching for other life forms. I assume and hope the suits we get from NASA will hold up to the brisk -55c which also means that swimming might be out this family trip. At the end of the day sometimes the trip within the trip is the real experience so my trip to Mars will be made complete by quality time with the ones I love and the fun we will have just doing anything that comes our way on this adventure while laughing and sharing stories on the short 30 month get away. All things considered I’m just glad I didn’t have to go to Jupiter because we all know what they say happens there…
“Wherever you go there you are so why not take the time to be present where you are at?”
- What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
- THE GOAT Aaron Rodgers #12
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- My favorite place in the world would have to be Half Moon Lake in Balsam Lake, Wisconsin. Why? Because I’d be fishing. ??
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
- I LOVE IT. Throw in some Canadian bacon with thin crust and I’m on it…
“Winners never quit and quitters never win.”
— Vince Lombardi
- Is it about winning or losing or how you play the game?
- To me, it’s about how you play the game- win or lose I am in it for a good time.
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
- I had a cup of coffee with amaretto creamer. No, there was no alcohol in it. ??
- If you could kill off any character from a current TV show, who would it be and why?
- I am a big fan of The Office. I wouldn’t necessarily kill anyone off but I could do without Angela, especially in the earlier season.
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
— Abraham Lincoln
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- I’d have to say Buddy. He starred as himself in Air Bud and as Comet in Full House. He’s cute as heck.
- Do you have any fears?
- Vacuums, those are always doin’ me a fighten.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Hunt lizards and hang with other doggos.
“A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.”
— Marley and Me
Where is BLUEDOG?
Join our team.
& help us do cool things in the payments space.